So during my Winter Recess, I’ve been spending a lot time with my boyfriend before he heads off to Australia to play the Australian Open. I’ve also been binging on White Collar (because who doesn’t love Matt Bomer), working on my nutrition, working out (I started yoga!), and enjoying the start of the new year with my brand new favorite mug (pictures and links below ♥) If you don’t know me, the number one thing you should know is that I am total mugaholic and have over 10 different mugs… I’m crazy. Just ask my best friend Emma.
I cannot stay at home for more than 3 days doing nothing. I mean, the first day I came home for winter recess from FIT, I re-arranged the furniture in my room. The second day…I reorganized the kitchen pantry. That’s right. I hit rock bottom. If you’re like me, you probably binge watch a show in a week or so and then end up searching through external resources to find out what show to watch next. You go through bags of chips like its air, your sleeping schedule is all messed up, and you’re probably ready to do pretty much anything to keep yourself energized and well, not so bored.
I absolutely love my mug from A Cup Of Quotes! You can buy the same one as me by clicking here and you can use my promo code: BLOGANDCOFFEE to receive free shipping! Their products are super cute and make the most perfect gift for that special someone! There is literally a mug for everyone and they also have the most delicious spoons and stirrers that give your drink an extra burst of flavor!
Follow A Cup Of Quotes on Social Media to bless your news feed with awesome posts!
Purchase a mug and snap a pic on Instagram and hashtag #ACupOfQuotes to show off your one of a kind mug! Don’t forget to take advantage of my promo code ( BLOGANDCOFFEE ) to receive Free Shipping! Did you forget to get your friend a holiday present? Well now you found one 🙂
Here are a couple of tips for those of you who hit rock bottom:
- While you are on break, try to get a workout into your daily routine. Whether it’s a high intensity workout of 30 minutes or a normal pace workout for 1 hour. Take this time to re-energize your body and get into shape for the perfect bikini (or brief) body.
- If you are the creative thinker, with ideas bursting through your head like me, try to find a DIY on Pinterest or from your favorite Youtuber. My ultimate favorite DIY is making no-sew pillows. Not only because I love using hot glue (call me weird) but because decorative throw pillows can be quite pricey to buy and they honestly are the perfect finishing touch to your room. Stop by your local fabric store to get all the supplies needed. (The one I use on LI is Jo-Ann Fabrics and Crafts on Old Country Rd)
- If you have set yourself New Year Resolutions, I’m sure you put down Eating Healthy as one of them. While you have this free time, take some time to find easy healthy recipes that are simple and effortless to make. I use Pinterest for all of mine and my favorite quick fix is Guacamole Deviled Eggs As a college student, time is limited and I’m always in a rush between class and my internship. So these simple easy recipes are perfect for me on the go and take less then 10 minutes to prepare.
- Try to visualize your future. What do you want to achieve? Who do you want to be? Whether it’s a week from today, a month from today, or 3 years from today. The key to being successful and for reaching your goals is to set them, and create small goals to achieve the big picture. I use my passion planner to stay organized and to stay on top of my tasks.
- The most important tip that I will give you today is to RELAX. Easier said then done, I know, BUT, try to. Life can be stressful. We all have our own internal battles as well as external ones and our stress levels vary day to day. Try to take advantage of down time by just relaxing. Read a book, watch a movie, and grab your favorite cup of tea or coffee with A Cup Of Quotes. Sometimes it’s healthy to do nothing but remember not to slack to much to a point where you are counterproductive. (My favorite stress reliever is green tea. Not only is it healthy for you, but it also is a powerful antioxidant that helps maintain a healthy heart and increases fat burning and improves physical performance.)
Follow my Pinterest for inspiration as well as healthy recipes and easy workouts.
Happy New Years to all of my viewers and a big thank you for reading my posts 🙂 I hope that I am able to inspire at least on of you. For that reason, I encourage you to comment with any questions, tips, ANYTHING!
(Photographer: Noah Rubin @noahrubin33)