As our tradition holds, Noah and I (my boyfriend) every couple of months take a trip upstate as a little getaway from reality. The past 2 trips have been to the same B&B, Moondance Ridge, which we ABSOLUTELY ADORE. The owner is the sweetest lady who makes the most DELICIOUS food. And her having the cutest little black pug, Ebbie, only makes it that much more fun.
You may be thinking, What is there to do Upstate? Well, surprisingly a-lot. From going zip-lining, to rock scrambling, to canoeing, to visiting FDRs home. I definitely recommend going upstate if you are an active person and love doing adventurous stuff and outdoor activities…or an old soul and visiting historic sites…like us. It truly is a beautiful place to go away and relax. Plus, its 1-2 hour car ride away from us here on LI. The air, the sound of nature, something we don’t really get to appreciate being in the city.
Below, are some pictures we took from our adventure upstate from this past trip. Enjoy! xx Please comment if you have questions or comments about any of our activities etc!
- Glenmere Mansion, Chester NY: This is where we began our weekend by going to their beautiful spa. If you are looking for a luxurious experience, beautiful decor, and amazing massages, definitely check this place out!
2. Woodbury Commons Premium Outlets: Where we decided it would be a good idea to go black Friday shopping after just coming back from the spa. The tension knots came right back as soon as we got here!
3. Moondance Ridge B&B: Our favorite B&B to go to right at the heart of New Paltz! With the worlds most amazing and delicious breakfast!
4. Minus some irrelevant stuff, we did visit FDRs home and the only picture I took there was a statue of FDR and his wife and an unhappy picture of Noah.
5. We did however, get some amazing Chinese food takeout.
6. On our last day, before heading back home, we stopped by Storm King Art Center which is basically acres and acres of land with really cool sculptures scattered across the land. I mean HUGE figures. This place is a MUST if you enjoy looking at art and really cool sculptures. I don’t want to spoil to much of it but I promise it will not disappoint.
7. And that was it! We relaxed, drank hot cocoa, went to some historical sites, ate food, went shopping, and most importantly relaxed! Below are some of my outfits that I wore that weekend!